Thursday, March 28, 2013

When UK legends invade...



Cock Sparrer


A week of visits from UK punk rock legends are starting this weekend. First out is the Oi! festival "Pretty Shitty Kjell 4" at fryshuset, with such legendary bands as Cock Sparrer, Infa Riot and Peter and the Test Tube Babies, backed up by bands like Argy Bargy, Agent Bulldog, Gatans Lag, Prins Carl and Contemptious all pretty good bands. But I think the legends have some extra spotlights on them.



Then home and rest for a while, then the next friday when Stiff Little Fingers comes to town and makes us singalong to tunes about the Northern Ireland conflict. The band for most of us original punks were the band that carried the punkbanner when Sex Pistols imploded, Sham 69 collapsed, the time just before Oi!
I know my expectations are high on them. Backed up by Swedish punk legendss such as Bitch Boys and Alonzo & Faz 3 (Alonzo from legandary KSMB).


SLF


If you wanna see something history then these bands are good choises. I don´t really know where they stand today. I still working on to get a ticket to the PSK4, Stiff ticket is safe in my grasp.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment