Sunday, July 22, 2012

While I was away John Lord passed away. (R.I.P. John Lord)

Back in the civilization again. After ten days vacation in the Northlandian (Norrländska) wilderness.
Wild life, fishing and bathing. Now back to normal again, like updating this blog. First I have to update myself. Seems like a mad man played a little Joker at a Batman moivie opening. Seems like I should go back to the deep woods again. Still war in Syria, what did I expect?. And to my sadness, the legendary Deep Purple ex Organist John Lord passed away after a period of illness at age 71. For some reason rock legends die when Im up there in Norrland, Syd Barret did his final departure from earth a few years ago while I was fishing.




Few musicians have made an bigger impact on me than John Lord, Especially at young age. I tried to learn how to play the piano when I first heard Deep Purple. John Lord was the reason why I made my father to buy me an electric organ in the 70ies. Not an Hammond howerver. I never learned to play the way he did. But who did? Few keaboard players can say they made such an mark in hard rock history as John Lord. Matching up with guitar genius and virituoso Richie Blackmore in their band Deep Purple. Just listen to "Child In Time" and realize that that was one of the peaks in rock history. The blend of Barock classic musik, Jazz and Blues often played on a distorted Hammond organ was not only a trademark of Deep Purple, it was also one of the seventies best sounding hard rock. No, the best ever sounding hard rock.

Today he is replaced by Don Airey. in Deep Purple, that is doing OK, saw them last December.

R.I.P. John Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment