Saturday, January 26, 2013

Makabert fynd, Giesa Göbbels at Pussy a Go go, Stockholm jan 2013 (concert review)

Picture will soon be posted


Kängpunk (Boots Punk) is a Swedish genre label to fit in everything Crust, D-beat, Hard Core and Punk Metal, sometimes we call it Råpunk (Raw Punk). And I think it´s the propper way to describe what was going on in the 16th century cellar club of Stockholm´s Old Town friday 25 of Januari 2013.


The Place

Pussy A Go Go is placed in the basement of the Irish Pub The Liffey. The stone walls in the old cellar of the mideval house isn´t really the wet dream of a sound engineer, on the other hand, these bands were more into damage our ears than than to quallify for the sound of the year award. And they did...It is hard, fast and full of joyfull energy.


The Crowd

Plenty, I estimated it to be almost full, not quite but good enough. I knew a few, other wer new to me, some I seen around but never spoken to. Still it is a very friendly punk and metal head atmoshere like it often is in Stockholms punk scene. No rock star behavoir from the bands, no fractionistas building up hostility to each others, this is written after the violence outside the Alpine Village in California the same week. People are here for the bands, beers and fun in general. and you could really talk about all ages. Both old gezers or schould I say original punks to be more polite in their late 40ies/early 50ies down to a bunch of 19 year old pierced studded leather jacket punks. Most of the crowd not into the sometimes rather chaotic moshing in the front.


The Bands

Giesa Göbbles

Giesa Göbbels is a Stockholm band with an Australian singer. It is fast, hard and heartfull. I really have a hard time to say if there are good tunes in that massive treble noise that comes from the stage. But I like it because it is so well done. Some think it more metal than punk, I don´t, this is punk in it primal shape, don´t get fooled by the looks of the instrumentalists in the band (like Lemmys unborn sons and Lemmy is punk anyway), it is kängpunk, nuff said. It is a good days work delivered to us to enjoy and at least I did, I guess the rest of the crowd enjoyed it to.  

Makabert Fynd

Makabert Fynd (transl. Macabre Discovery)

Makabert Fynd is in my eyes something as a semi all star team of hard core or something, or am I just making that up because I want it to be that way? Refused might be more famous but this guys are the real stuff and they are nice too. And you can tell. it is fast, furious and tight. I guess the guys on stage in their 80-90ies HC bands didn´t sounded as tight as this. The Two singers brings something extra to the performance. It becomes like an dialog whitin the band on stage that is refreshing.
The subjects is mostly about the anoying things going on in our time. The lyrics in Swedish makes it even more credible. Not least the song titles are both funny and angry in one.  But that is just details, the mayhem that going on in the music and in the mosh infront of the stage is the thing.
The bands reminds a bit of the excellent bands Knark and Totallitär, and it isn´t out of the blue, because half of the members from Knark are in this 5 piece combo. as well as the singer of the 80ies band Totalitär and Makabert Fynd is the same person.


Worth the Money?

The entrance fee of 100Skr (10 Euros) is well spent money, I feel glad and cleansed when I hit the subway home. Maybee can I cope with the contemporary insanity that they call the world today for another few weeks?










No comments:

Post a Comment